Family Planning NSW is excited to announce a forum for parents and carers of people with intellectual disability. Find out how to support your family member’s personal development and sexuality in a positive way.
• Experienced presenters to answer your questions
• Choose from six interactive workshops
• Meet other parents and carers
• Resource bag included
• Family Planning NSW bookshop open
Date: Saturday 6 September 2014
Time: 1.00pm - 5.00pm
Venue: Family Planning NSW
328-336 Liverpool Road
Ashfield NSW 2131
Cost: $50 per person
Includes afternoon tea
The forum will include presentations on:
• Disability and sexuality
• Preparing for puberty
• Relationships and dating
• Supporting positive and safe sexual expression
• Tips for talking about sex and answering tricky questions
• Sexual health
• Books, DVDs and resources
Attend two interactive workshops of your choice including:
• Dating and Intimate Relationships. Liz Dore, Relationships and Private Stuff
• Puberty and Boys. Matthew Parsons, Family Planning NSW
• Becoming a Wonderful Woman. Rosalie Power, Family Planning NSW
• Friendships and Relationships. Liz Dore, Relationships and Private Stuff
• Sex, Safe and Fun. Ee-Lin Chang, Family Planning NSW
• Sex Services for People with Disability. Saul Isbister, Touching Base Inc.
See our website for more information about the workshops
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER and for more information about speakers and workshops
DOWNLOAD THE FLYER HERE
Who should attend?
Parents, foster parents, relatives and other unpaid carers of people with disability are welcome. The forum will address sexuality issues across the lifespan including childhood, adolescence and adulthood.
This forum is not intended for service providers. Please see our website for information regarding professional education for disability workers.
We regret we are unable to provide respite/childcare.
T: 02 8752 4388